MFD seeks to ensure that it retains only data necessary to effectively conduct its business and utilize its SERVICE. MFD strives to ensure that data is only retained for the period necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and is fully deleted when no longer required. This policy sets forth MFD’s guidelines on data retention and is to be consistently applied throughout the organization.
This policy covers all data collected and stored by MFD on owned or leased systems and media, regardless of location. It applies to both data collected and held electronically (including photographs, video and audio recordings) and data that is collected and held as hard copy or paper files. The need to retain certain information may be mandated by federal or local law, federal regulations and legitimate business purposes, as well as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
MFD retains only that data that is necessary to effectively conduct its activities, fulfill its mission and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Reasons for data retention include:
- Providing an ongoing service(s) to the data subject (e.g. manufacturing, sourcing, and distribution or ongoing updates to an individual(s) utilizing MFD’s SERVICE
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations associated with reporting by MFD to partners and providers as needed
- Other regulatory requirements both domestic and international
- Security incident or other investigation
- Intellectual property preservation
- Litigation, mediation and resolution of disputes
MFD seeks to avoid duplication in data storage whenever possible, though there may be instances in which for programmatic or other business reasons it is necessary for data to be held in more than one place. This policy applies to all data in MFD’s SERVICE and possession, including duplicate copies of data.
- Data shall be retained as long as necessary to utilize the SERVICE.
- Contributor data will be retained for the period necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, and is fully deleted when no longer required.
- Financial information will not be retained longer than is necessary to process a single transaction.
- Event data will be retained for the period of the event, including any follow up activities, such as the distribution of reports.
- Personal data of agents, assigns, subcontractors, and vendors will be kept for the duration of the contract or agreement, and then stored in for the purposes of dispute resolution.
- Operational data related quotes, orders and/or distribution will be held for the period required by to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and is fully deleted when no longer required.
Data destruction ensures that MFD manages the data it controls and processes it in an efficient and responsible manner. When the retention period for the data as outlined above expires, MFD will actively destroy the data covered by this policy. If an individual believes that there exists a legitimate business reason why certain data should not be destroyed at the end of a retention period, he or she should identify this data, and provide information as to why the data should not be destroyed. Any exceptions to this data retention policy must be approved by MFD’s data protection offer in consultation with legal counsel. In rare circumstances, a litigation hold may be issued by legal counsel prohibiting the destruction of certain documents. A litigation hold remains in effect until released by legal counsel and prohibits the destruction of data subject to the hold.
MFD takes the security of your data very seriously. MFD works to protect the information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Due to the nature of communications and technology, MFD cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored in our SERVICE or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.